It's been a while since I have done a 5 for Friday post; my goal is for this to be a regular feature every Friday. So I am starting back today. Here's 5 things I wanted to share with you:
1. I so want to be a part of The Color Run in Charlotte, NC. I don't run, but it is only a 5K (3.1 miles). I could work up to that since the run isn't until October.
Every kilometer you get doused with a new color. Oh what fun! I love color! What fun pictures these would be to hang on a rec room wall!
Anyone up for forming a team and taking a road trip on October 27? Registration is opening soon. Looks like it is about $30 per person if we form a team. We could take along our hubbys and kids. I'll take your family pic, if you take mine! And if you are not local, they have Color Runs in 20 cities; you can form your own team!
2. On The Intentional Home Facebook page this week, I mentioned that I want to make homemade, natural cleaners and asked if any of you have done so. On Pinterest, I have pinned homemade recipes for Liquid Hand Soap, Tub & Shower Magic, Dishwashing Detergent, Laundry Detergent, and Carpet Stain Remover. I went out this week and got all the ingredients and will make the cleaners this week. And try them out for a week and then let you know if they really do work (I have that post planned for March 8. . yeah, I try to be an intentional blogger too).
So I was excited this morning when I saw Amy's post over at Centsible Saver: What NOT to Buy at the Grocery Store. She says that one way to save even more money is to not buy anything that your grandmother or great-grandmother would not have spent her precious household money on. Such items include paper napkins which I have done, paper cups and bottled water which I have done, and laundry detergent. Amy makes her own laundry detergent too and has the complete cost breakdown on her blog. I am excited to try her recipe and the one I pinned to see what works the best and what is the most economical.
3. Want to make extra money on your kids' clothing?? Want to get some of the finest, gently used clothing from the best children’s specialty shops and boutiques for your own kids? The Monkey Exchange, my sister's upscale children's consignment show is coming up next week: Wed, Feb 29-Friday, March 1. The show is held at North Hills Club Ballroom. Click here for all the shopping details and info about consigning.
4. Easter is April 8 this year! If you are in charge of school Easter Parties, church Sunday School lessons, or just want to be intentional this year about teaching your kids the true meaning of Easter, all my memorable and fun ideas (like the Egg and Spoon Race and Easter Story Crescent Rolls) can he found by HERE.
(a cute button that says Kids & Chores is suppose to go here.
My Anna made it for me but I do not know her picnik username and password.
I'll have to add it when she get home from school.)
5. Next week, every day I will be sharing about Kids & Chores, a 6 day series! I am so excited as I need to refocus on this area of my home, especially with my younger two boys. I would love to know what you would like to see covered. I would love for you to shoot me some questions. I would love for you to share with me what is working and what is not working in your home. This series would be so much more fun with your input and knowing that I am giving you something you really could use in your own intentional home. Leave a comment or shoot me an email.
You got anything you want to share with me or with other intentional women? Shannon emailed me this week letting me know that Kroger has some great deals this week (good til Sat, 2/25). Fuji apples are 77 cents/lb. Carrots are $1 for a 1 lb bag. And there is a Kellogg cereal deal where you combine sales + manufacturer coupons + store coupons +gas card deal. You have anything you want to share? Talk to me about homemade cleaners, Easter activities, The Color Run (have you been?), and Kids & Chores. . I love to hear from you!