1. This Sunday 2 coupon inserts should be coming out, a Smart Source and a Red Plum. I am hoping there are more deals to be had at Harris Teeter Triples with these new coupons. Harris Teeter Triples goes on until Tues, March 27.
2. On Wed, March 28 from 7am-9pm, participating McDonald's will be selling their Small Frozen Strawberry Lemonades for only 25¢. Great after school treat for kids and mom, eh?
3. My neighbor, Kimberly of Evolve Studio Photography is raising funds for 3 great causes. She is offering her sitting fee and 10 files to print for 1/2 off her regular prices. This deal is good this Sunday at Yates Mills; next Sunday in the Bedford neighborhood, and April 9 in the Lakemont neighborhood. I have long been an admirer or Kimberly's art. She is not only super talented, but really puts her heart into her work. Check out Kimberly's newsletter for all the details about these photo . Here's one of my favorite photos of Kimberly's:
4. Another neighbor sent me this song and it made me cry. Have you heard Scott McCreery's song, "Dirty Dishes"? You gotta listen to it. It's a sweet reminder that although the tasks of of mothering and running a home can sometimes be boring and monotonous and at times you think you are going to go crazy and at times it all seems too much and too demanding.. .we are making a difference and we are impacting the world and for that opportunity we can be thankful. Here it is on YouTube: (if you are reading this in a reader or email, you will want to click the title of this post to be taken to my actual blog so you can see and hear the YouTube video)
Do you see? You are not simply feeding stomachs at the dinner table, you are feeding souls. You are not simply doing laundry and dishes, you are creating a home where kids thrive, where you husband is recharged and rested for another day of work, where your family can connect, a place where your family feels secure and free to be who they really are. And that's the real reason why we run intentional homes and why I am passionate about speaking, teaching, and blogging about running an intentional home.
5. And speaking of giving thanks, you gotta give a double dose when your teenage daughter emails you this picture:
I wanted you to know that I love you a lot even though you're CRAZY<3
You know me so well and I couldn't ask for a better mom!
Out of the emails I have ever gotten, this is by far my most favorite. Just another reason to be intentional.
May you be encouraged to be intentional this weekend. More on Monday. I am off to grocery shop, load the dishwasher, and fold another basket of laundry.