The Intentional Home Blog is 3 Years Old!!!
And I want to celebrate you. You for reading my blog. You for attending my classes. You for sharing my blog and classes with others. You for ordering In This Home paintings for your own home. You for your comments, email messages, and facebook posts. You for getting the whole "be intentional" thing. You for walking alongside me and wanting to live on purpose and dream big dreams. You for understanding that if we get the practical under control in our lives and homes, we are able to move out in bigger and meaningful things so much more easily. Oh, how I have enjoyed you over the past 3 years.
3 years ago when this was my blog header (were you around then?)
I wrote this:
I certainly don't have it all figured out or all together, but what I do have is a vision of what I desire my home to be: a place where my family & others gather around the dinner table and then later in the living room to rest, share, laugh, connect. I want those who enter to leave refreshed, comforted, and loved on. I envision being debt free and content with a little, but having an abundance from which I can freely give to those around me. I envision a strong, passionate marriage, lots of fun, well behaved kids who bring joy to not only me but others. I have a vision of a home that runs efficiently and is clutter free, a home that is bright, colorful, & happy. I am not there yet, but have made intentional decisions that guide my steps each day. And that is the journey I share on my blog.
And the topics I mentioned above are still the ones I cover on my blog today. Have you noticed the pull down menu bar on my new blog design (a gift to myself for my blog anniversary).
All the topics I mention above, I cover on my blog. There are 6 main categories and under each there are subcategories. This is what you can expect from The Intentional Home blog:
couponing: posts on coupon basics and tips, current deals, and pictures and details of my shops
meal planning: posts on meal planning tips, freezer cooking, crock pot recipes
family: posts on marriage, parenting, kids' activities, dinners together, and adoption (if you do not already know, my 2 younggest kids are adopted).
homemaking: posts on getting the home organized, cleaned, and decorated. Also posts on having people over.
holidays: posts on all the teachable moments that each of the holidays provide for our kids
other features: Be Intentional posts, 5 for Friday posts, What I'm Reading posts, Taking Care of You posts, and a few others
Go check it out!
So to celebrate there will be a fun giveaway each day starting tomorrow thru Friday (4/17-4/20). And today I wanted to let you know how the giveaways will work. So here are the "official rules":
- There will be 1 post a day. Leaving a comment based on the prompt in the post will enter you in the giveaway for the day. Leaving a comment is the only way to enter (no emails, no facebooks posts on my facebook page).
- Sometimes there may be more than one prompt for a comment. You need to leave a separate comment for each entry.
- Make sure you leave your name or initials on your comment if you post anonymously, so I know who to list as the winner!!
- You must live in the US to enter. And in some giveaways, you need to be local. . in the Raleigh area. . so make sure you read the whole giveaway post.
- You have all week (Tues, 4/17-Fri 4/20) to comment on ANY post. All comments on all posts will be closed at midnite on Fri, 4/20
- On Saturday, 4/21 I will do a post where I list all the winners. Winners will have until Wed 4/25 to contact me with their snail mail address. If I do not hear from a winner, I will choose another.
If you want to practice leaving a comment, do so here on this post. It really is easy. Click on that little word below the post that says 0 COMMENTS or 4 COMMENTS and move forward. You can check the anonymous box if you cannot figure out what other box to check. . but just leave your name or initials so if you win I can identify you.
Wanna see a sneak peak of the first giveaway?
Can you guess what it is? One of kind, custom made just for my 3 year blog anniversary! It's good. Come back tomorrow ready to comment!! I really do appreciate you.