Happy Friday! Here's 5 things I want to share with you:
1. Don't forget! Today is Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A. If you dress up in full cow attire, you will get a FREE combo meal. I shared details and pictures yesterday, check it out here. Above is a picture of my nieces and nephew last year. I am sure my nephew up there was a little happier once he got his chicken nuggets and fries!
2. Starbucks is giving away FREE Refreshers beverages today. No purchase necessary, just walk in between 12 and 3pm today. These iced beverages are made with green coffee extract and you can choose from two flavors: Cool Lime or Very Berry Hibiscus. Details here
3. Staples is offering a back-to-school deal on binders. If you bring in an old beat-up binder for recycling, they will automactically give you $2 off any new binder. I wish I had known about this at the end of the school year. I would have kept the kids' binders instead of throwing them in the trash. I am definitely going ot keep this year's binders in case they do this again next year. Details here.
4. The summer is wearing me out. I feel like I am working so much harder this summer than I do during the school year. I feel like an athlete. I have also discovered that I am just not as good a friend, home manager, blogger, or emailer in the summer as I am during the school year.
I keep reminding myself that at the end of August I will have time to catch up on the house, my girlfriends, this blog, and my inbox. I keep reminding myself that all those things can wait and my focus right now needs to be on these 5 kiddos that are home all day. That I need to take advantage of the time I have with them and be all there when I am with them.
So here's to intentionally not meeting with my girlfriends, to intentionally turning a blind eye to the messy closets and unmopped floors, to intentionally being a little slower answering emails, and to intentionally posting a little less often here on The Intentional Home. And to doing more like the above picture with my kiddos.
5. And since I am posting less often here at The Intentional Home, you may want to sign up to receive my posts in your inbox. That way you will not have to keep checking to see if I have anything new to share with you. That way you will not miss a thing.
You simply put your email in the below box and hit the subscribe button. An email will then be sent to you that you will need to open and hit the confirm link. . but that is it. Then you will receive anything new that I write in your inbox. And I promise once September comes around, I will be posting as usual. . .almost everyday. But for the summer, I am slowing down to once or twice a week.
Happy Friday! May your weekend be an intentional one!