Here's is J, saying, "Really, Mom? Another picture for your blog?"
I like this recipe because there is no stove top cooking involved. But this playdough has the texture of stove top cooked playdoughs. Have you noticed that the uncooked playdoughs have a grainier texture? The secret to this recipe is the microwave. I have been using this recipe since Anna, my 15 year old was in preschool.
You will need:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups salt
- 6 teaspoons cream of tarter (found with the spices)
- 3 tablespoons baby oil
- 3 cups warm water
- food coloring to color
- Mix all the above ingredients together in a big microwavable bowl.
- Microwave the mixture in the bowl for 2 min.
- Then stir. It will be runny like below.
- Microwave the mixture in the bowl for another 1 1/2 minutes and then stir.
- Then microwave the mixture in the bowl for 30 sec and then stir.
- Repeat microwaving the mixture for 30 sec at a time and stirring in between the 30 sec until the mixture is no longer runny and no longer sticky. We had to do this 6 times.
- Store playdough in a ziploc bag or tupperware container. It is easier for little ones to put playdough back in a container, than a bag.
And if you are looking for other activities to do with your kids, check out: