Happy Friday!! Here's 5 things I want to share with you:
1. I signed up for the Color Me Rad 5K that is happening here in Raleigh on October 27. Registration is still open if you are interested. Rob, Anna (15 yr), David (13 yr) and I all signed up. If you sign up too, we can throw beautiful bright color on each other!
You may remember I ran my first 5K ever this past June. It was hard for me. I was slow. I was the last one to cross the finish line. But I did it.
I said I would not do another one. I mean I never got in "the zone" runners talk about. All I thought about every time I ran was how much longer til this is over and how hard I was breathing. But the rainbow powders of this Color Me Rad 5K entice me. Color makes me smile. And I thought it would be a fun memory for me and Rob and my 2 older kids. I also really want the pictures.
So this week, I started the Couch to 5K plan again. My sister, a physical therapist, boot camp instructor, and personal trainer has modified the Couch to 5K plan. Jenny's plan can be found HERE and it only takes 30 minutes, 3 days a week for 2 months.
Anyone in? Let me know and we'll look for each other and take each other's pictures!!
2. This is for all you moms with babies under a year old! Last time I was in Harris Teeter, I learned of their Birthday Club. At the bakery counter, there is an application you fill out and turn into Customer Service. Then near your child's Ist birthday, on the bottom of your receipt, a coupon will print for a FREE 5 inch Patti- Cake. That is the perfect size for your 1 year old to dig into and for you to get some great pictures!
3. PG has a new Organize in Style booklet out. It contains $17 in coupons. You can request one every 3 months so if it has been a while, click here to get yours. You should get your booklet in about 4-6 weeks. I especaily like the Dawn coupon that comes in these booklets; it usually means free or 25¢ Dawn.
4. As I shared on Facebook this week, I recently learned that Jimmy John's sells their day old bread ofr 45¢ a loaf. This is the bread that thay make their sandwiches out of. It is still soft and so yummy. If you are on Facebook, I really encourage you to follow The Intentional Home. I tend to get current deals out on Facebook quicker than I do here on The Intentional Home blog.
5. As I was looking around Pinterest, I stumbled across this: 20 Ways to Play with Shaving Cream. Thought I would share with you since I just posted about our Shaving Cream Fight.
The ideas in 20 Ways to Play with Shaving Cream appear a little tamer than my activity and thus may be just right for you with little ones at home. I'd love to see your pictures if you give any of these fun ideas a try!