1. I am just now getting back online. We went to Disney World last week and got in this Wed night after 11 hours of driving. Disney World is what we gave the kids for Christmas this year.
On Day 4 of our trip, Rob looked at me and said, "I think I need to reread your 'Are Family Vacations Worth It?' blog post." Oh yes, all that planning, packing, and preparing is worth it, but if you need a reminder like we did, check out this post. It is one of my favorites.
The top 2 quotes from our Disney vacation were.
1. On the way to the bus that took us back to the hotel, Daniel was skipping and singing at the top of his lungs "Best Family Ever in the Whole Wolrd Ever!" It made the rest of us laugh and from then on, each day as we would get on the bus, we would say "Best Family Ever in the Whole World Ever" to each other.
2. And then Periwinkle, the snow fairy told Brooke that Tinkerbell was her sister and that she had the best sister ever. And Brooke said to Periwinkle,"No, I do!" That made me get teary eyed.
And then after a photo, Periwinkle said, "Bye Bye Sisters that are Best Friends!" Oh may Anna and Brooke always be good, good friends.
2. Super Doubles is going on at Lowes this week. Thanks to Intentional Home blog reader Melissa for the heads up. And this time around, Lowes is doubling coupons up to and including $2 coupons. So that means $2 coupons are worth $4 this week.
Centsible Saver has a list of all the freebies and good deals to be had. These deals will be good til Tues, Jan 29th. And this Sunday, there wil be 4 coupon inserts in the paper so there are sure to be even more deals to be had at Lowes Super Doubles with these new coupons.
Anyone gone yet? What were your favorite deals?
3. I was at Food Lion yesterday and noticed a tear pad near this huge Miller Lite display. The tear pad was a $5 mail-in-rebate off your total in-store purchase of $25 of more. And like usual, you do not need to purchase the beer to take advantage of the rebate. This rebate actually states that alcoholic beverages cannot be included in the total purchase price. All you have to do is send in a grocery store receipt and the tear pad mail-in-rebate to get $5. Free money. As I share in my coupon class, the alcohol aisle is the best place to find high value tear pads.
Now I did pick up a few extra for you, So if you have a grocery store receipt dated between 1/1 and 2/3 or will get one and it totals more than $25 and you want to send it in for $5, then let me know and I will stick a rebate in the mail to you.
4. I am making this soup today. My kids love this soup; they ask for it! And it is loaded with veggies!! I do add some hot sausage to it too. Thought I'd share the recipe since we are expected to get snow this afternoon and snow and soup just go so well together. This soup is sooo easy to make. . and it freezes well too!!
5. Did you see the sky this morning around 7am? Oh how I wish I had a phone/camera. I think I might be the only woman in Raleigh without a cell phone. I kinda want one. Not so my kids can get in touch with me, but because I would so enjoy Instagram. Did anyone take a picture of the sky this morning? Can you send it to me or post it on my FB page?
Updated to add this picture Intentional Home reader Robyn sent me which is a picture her friend Amy took, but I have to say it was prettier in real life:
Oh the colors and the light just made me smile and marvel at God. The sky reminded be of this quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson:
All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.
Happy Weekend! May it be an intentional one.