All these pictures make me smile. The night was filled with some of my most favorite things.
Here are my top 5 favorite things from the night:
1. A house full of people! I love the energy, the noise, the organized chaos, the beautiful mess of a full house.
2. Art! Whimsical and colorful pieces are my specialty.
One mom emailed me this afterwards:
We had a great time! My daughter was so proud of her painting! Thanks for opening your house and knowledge for us on Friday.
3. Lots of color! If you have been reading my blog for a while now, you know I love bright bold colors. Just look at my house in the background of these pictures. Color makes me happy.
Each mom and daughter customized their painting with their own colors. It was so fun to see how each painting was different.
4. Sweet time together. Anna and I felt like we were so lucky that it was us who got to provide an opportunity for moms and their daughters to hang out together. We were so excited to open our home and create a special and memorable night.
Plus Anna and I had sweet time together planning this craft, creating the sample, shopping for supplies, setting up for the night, and then teaching together.
5. Real conversation. The best part of this class was at the end, we handed out a sheet of questions. The questions all related to the piece of art we created that night. Anna's and my hope was that these questions were a springboard for some good, real conversation between mom and daughter.
Here is what one mom emailed me afterwards:
We went out for ice cream after and talked. It was special. And we love the picture. It's hanging over our mantel.
Oh it was an Intentional Craft Night! A night of crafting and connecting and nurturing mom and daughter relationships.
This Mother/Daughter Craft Night is a new class The Intentional Home is offering. Our hope is to offer a new project and new questions every quarter for moms and their daughters.
Our next Mother/Daughter Craft Night will be Friday, May 31. Details to come but you may want to mark that night on your calendar.
And if you want to see more intentional art, click here and start scrolling. I have a whole section on my blog called "Intentional Art".
The Intentional Home has lots of classes on the calendar now. Below are all my upcoming classes. Click on the class title for all the details and registration.
*This Saturday, April 20: Special $5 Coupon Class at Raleigh Vineyard, 9:30am-12noon. Open to the public. Just show up!
*Tuesday, April 30: Home Organization and Decor Class at Su's home in Raleigh, 7-9:30PM
*Friday, May 31: Mother/Daughter Craft Night at Anna and Su's home in Raleigh, 7-9:15pm. Details and pictures of what we will be creating are coming soon.
*June 17-21 OR Aug 5-9: Anna's Craft Camp for Girls, 9:30am-12:30 each day