1. This Friday, July 12 is Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-Fil-A. All the details can be found here. But bottom line is this: if you come dressed from head to hoof like a cow, you will get a free meal (entree, fries, and drink!). You can come in for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Here are my sister's kids last year. Witt may not be excited about getting his picture taken, but I am sure he was excited about his free Chick-Fil-A meal.
And here is another cutie, the daughter of Amy, an Intentional Home reader:
And if you want to see my family's cow pictures from years past and perhaps get some more costume ideas, check out this older post here.
2. The Back to School Deals have started and I am getting giddy. I love the penny, nickel, and quarter deals. I love the 99¢ Crayola marker deals.
As soon as July 4 is over, I keep my eyes on the 3 drugstore fliers: CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens (Walgreens is my favorite this time of year) and on the 3 office supply fliers: Staples, Office Max, and Office Depot.
Centsible Saver has a good list for this week's school supply deals here. These deals are good til Sat, 7/13. But if you got a little time before your kiddos go back to school, I would wait because the deals get better the closer we get to the traditional start of school (late August).
Here is a post I wrote that explains how I do school supply shopping at our house.
And I just found this post over at Moola Saving Mom that gives you a price point for all the school supplies. . like what is a good deal for pencils or crayons, etc. So check that out.
3. Rumor has it that Harris Teeter will be running Super Doubles AGAIN this Wed, July 10- Tues, July 16. I will be sure to let you know when I hear this is confirmed and post deal match up lists for you once I see them. If you hear or see anything before me, let me know. As I mentioned earlier, summer has me hopping and I am just not on the computer as much as I usually am during the school year.
UPDATE: It is true. Harris Teeter will be running Super Doubles AGAIN here in the Triangle. Here is a good deal list to help you plan your shopping.
4. UPDATE: all 3 filing cabinets have SOLD
Anyone in need of a filing cabinet? I have 3 for sale. All have 4 drawers, all have no lock. $20 each; that's cheaper than anything you will find on Craigslist.. All in good condition. Dimensions of each are 52" tall, 28" deep, and 15" wide. If interested, you can contact me here.
5. UPDATE: the cute white dresser below has SOLD
Anyone in need of a cute white dresser/cabinet with huge oversized pink knobs? Be perfect in a little girl's room or in a big girl's (you!!) craft room!! $65. Dimensions are 54" tall, 32' wide, 14" deep.
Rob made it so the doors close with magnets, so the doors will stay shut. Inside the doors are 3 shelves. And below the shelves, there is a pull out drawer. I'll get the kids to take the games out before you come.
Happy Summer! Tomorrow (Tues, but the movie plays Wed as well) we are headed to the $1 movie at North Hills. Brooke and I are going to see Monte Carlo and the boys are going to see Rio. Perhaps I will see you there?