1. Check out this Nativity Lampshade Betsy made! Betsy bought two of my red nativity signs and asked me if I could cut out an extra set of the nativity figures in black. Of course! She then bought a lampshade and put the vinyl figures on the inside for a creative and unique way to remind her family what Christmas is really about.
2. And now check out the Art Gallery Wall that Lisa and her daughter Abby created. (I just love getting emails from y'all; this picture and the above lampshade picture were in my inbox recently!!). The Dream Big hot air balloon canvas and the Bubblegum Girl canvas were both projects from this summer's Craft Camp. I love how Lisa combined her daughter's art work, positive messages, and fun color. What a happy bedroom for her preteen daughter!
3. I just cashed in all my Swag Bucks and earned $25 in Amazon gift cards. I did that in 3 months time. So I am figuring next December I should have a good $100 to spend on Christmas gifts. Such an easy and free way to earn a little extra spending money! If you have not signed up for Swag Bucks yet, now is the time because. . .
Swag Bucks is offering a special promotion now thru Dec 21 that gives any new referral of mine 500 bonus Swag Bucks. That is like a free $5 Amazon gift card. Any new referral of mine that signs up before Dec 21 and earns 1500 Swag Bucks before January 1, 2014 will automatically get a bonus of 500 Sway Bucks. You can sign up HERE and start earning free gift cards.
4. Are you following The Intentional Home on Facebook? If not, you may want to consider doing so. I am finding myself posting over there a lot more often, especially time sensitive deals. I also post stuff over there that I do not share here on my blog; it's just a little quicker for me to post on Facebook.
5. Thanksgiving is almost here! What??? Here are 4 past posts that may help you celebrate:
1. One of the first activities we Soutters do to begin celebrating Thanksgiving is to make a list of all the things we are thankful for. This is not an original Thanksgiving idea by any means, but sure is a great way to encourage intentional gratitude. HERE is a post of 8 really cute ways to make this list.
2.Need some help with your Thanksgiving menu? How about this post: How to Cook A Thanksgiving Turkey in a Crockpot.
3. If you want to scroll thru all my Thanksgiving posts, click HERE. I have many posts on practical ways to foster thankfulness in our kids (and us!). In fact, these posts of Thanksgiving tips were what got Trina hooked on checking my blog regularly. (as I was told in another email I got; I told you I like getting emails from y'all).
4. And if you put up your Christmas tree over Thanksgiving weekend, you may want to read this post first: How to Have a Pretty Christmas Tree Even When the Kids Decorate It. This post is currently my 4th most popular post ever.